[Bldg-sim] TRAINING: DesignBuilder optimisation and simulation training courses

David Cocking David.Cocking at designbuilder.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 00:44:47 PDT 2016

DesignBuilder have arranged a variety of training courses in the near future, ranging from a one-day online optimisation training course to modular classroom simulation training.
On-day online optimisation course: The course will cover all you need to know to run optimisation studies within your own projects in just one day. Optimisation is a unique feature that enables engineers, architects, energy modellers, facilities management professionals and academics to see a "joined-up" holistic picture of how a variety of different model inputs, (such as testing multiple fabric and glazing types, HVAC and lighting systems) affect each other to help identify probabilistic trends. This cutting-edge tool enables advanced cost-benefit analysis to be undertaken much more efficiently. Following the resounding success of our first one-day online optimisation course last month we are offering the training again on different days in three time zones:
14th April: North America, 09:00 to 16:00 Central Time
26th April: Asia and Australia, 10:00 to 17:00 Beijing, Singapore, Perth time
13th May: Europe, 10:00 to 17:00 Central European Summer Time
Classroom simulation training: We will be running our next modular face-to-face classroom simulation training course from 18-22 April in Oxford, England. The course is progressive so that you can attend only those days which are relevant to your experience and work, and covers: The Modeller, Basic Simulation and Daylighting, Natural Ventilation, Detailed HVAC and CFD. These classroom-based courses are a great opportunity to interact with the trainers and other delegates, and to learn how to use the software to maximise your modelling productivity and efficiency.
USA simulation training: We are delighted to announce a new collaboration with Big Ladder Software, who have recently become the authorised DesignBuilder training provider for the US. Big Ladder will be running DesignBuilder's full 5-day modular training course in Denver, Colorado from 9-13th May.
More details on these courses and all of the forthcoming DesignBuilder trainings are available here: http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/content/view/78/115/