[Bldg-sim] TABS/floor heating - EnergyPlus

Michael J Witte via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jun 22 07:04:11 PDT 2016

I assume that TABS = thermally activated building systems?  The details
of this model in EnergyPlus are explained in the Engineering Reference
section "Low Temperature Radiant System Model", especially the
subsection "Extension of Time Series Solutions to Include Heat Sources
and Obtain Internal Temperatures".  There are technical papers
referenced at the end of that section; the most pertinent are the ones
by Strand and Pedersen.  Beyond that, the only thing that will have more
detail is the source code itself.

Mike