[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2007 App. G baseline fan power question

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jul 11 14:10:00 PDT 2016

Nothing from GBCI on my projects.  My normal practice is to split the power
roughly in proportion to pressure rise.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Chris Jones via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> The App. G baseline is to have return or relief fans if the proposed case
> does. This would imply that the system fan power should be distributed
> between the supply and return fans in the baseline case but no direction is
> given in the Standard nor in the User’s Manual. My inclination would be to
> distribute the fan power in the baseline case using the same proportions as
> in the proposed case.
>

> Has anyone had any experience with directions given by the GBCI in this
> regard?
>

> *Christopher Jones, P. Eng.*
>
> *Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc.*
> *Consulting Engineers & Scientists*
> 901 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3H5
> *T:* (519) 823-1311 ext 2052
>
> *M:* (416) 697-0056
>

> [image: Guelph Move]
> ------------------------------
> RWDI - One of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies - This communication is
> intended for the sole use of the party to whom it was addressed and may
> contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. Any other
> distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you received
> this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this email
> and delete the message without retaining any hard or electronic copies of
> same. Outgoing emails are scanned for viruses, but no warranty is made to
> their absence in this email or attachments. If you require any information
> supplied by RWDI in a different format to facilitate accessibility, contact
> the sender of the email, email solutions at rwdi.com or call +1.519.823.1311.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413> | May 2016 ASHRAE
Journal article on energy modeling
<http://buildingperformanceteam.com/bpt-insights-blog/item/73-modeled-performance-isn-t-actual-performance>

For breaking the natural law, there are natural penalties:
Those who live by knives die by them.
Those who betray their friends lose them.
Those who abandon their children never know the sweetness of their
kiss. Those who travel from bed to bed lose the capacity for trust.
Those who torture their consciences are tortured by them in return.
Those who refuse the one in whose Image they are made live as
strangers to themselves.