[Bldg-sim] Demand shifting article

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Mon Feb 22 15:54:18 PST 2016

Dear Chris,
The idea of using the earth to store energy is not especially new, as you
mention in the article.
One new take on the problem is being promoted by a "neighbor" of mine in
the US. Greensleeves <http://www.greensleevesllc.com/>. They not only
acknowledge the storage potential, but apply logic toward optimizing the
storage seasonally.  They are a new company and I have not used their
software product, but the concept looks compelling.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Chris Yates <chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I've published an article on linkedin encouraging focus on demand shifting
> in the design process. I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad.
>
> Article is here:
> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/night-shift-chris-yates?published=t
>
> There is some regional bias - for example, I know most of you will already
> be performing tariff assessments.
>
> All the same, your comments would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Chris

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteamcom>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

Genius is nice, but consistency trumps genius every time