[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: Seventhwave is looking for an Energy and Building Performance Engineer
Scott Schuetter via Bldg-sim
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Dec 1 06:15:37 PST 2016
For more information on the job and to apply: http://seventhwave.org/jobs
For more information on Seventhwave: http://www.seventhwave.org/buildings
Energy and Building Performance Engineer
Madison office location
Seventhwave is seeking candidates with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the creation of a sustainable energy society. We are a private non-profit organization that is mission-driven, independent, and objective. We seek practical solution paths among a world of competing interests to create a more energy efficient and healthy built environment.
• Work with clients to envision more energy efficient buildings.
• Evaluate comfort and quality impacts of design options.
• Use energy modeling software to inform design decisions.
• Clearly communicate results in written, graphical, and presentation formats.
• Manage several projects simultaneously.
• Drive innovation in internal tools, process, and practice.
Join Seventhwave and be part of:
• An independent nonprofit seeking solutions to energy challenges • A passionate, dedicated and talented staff • National, regional and local initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint • Award-winning programs that make a difference
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two to four years relevant professional experience • Fundamental knowledge of building energy systems, energy analysis, thermal science, and building design and construction.
• Proficiency with energy modeling software such as eQUEST, TRNSYS, TRACE, EnergyPlus or other similar software
• Knowledge of relevant building energy codes, green building rating systems, and ASHRAE standards
• Proficiency with basic computer software such as MS Office, Autodesk • Ability to work in a team environment • Excellent communications skills
• Extensive experience with OpenStudio
• Experience in 3D modeling software such as Rhinoceros, Sketchup, or Revit
• Experience in daylight analysis and simulation
• Knowledge of indoor environmental considerations such as IAQ, thermal comfort, lighting and glare • Ability to communicate ideas through sketching and layout of storyboard concepts to non-technical audiences
• Programming/scripting languages such as Python
• Lighting and lighting controls design experience
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Scott Schuetter, PE | Senior Engineer
608.210.7149 | seventhwave.org<http://seventhwave.org/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim