[Bldg-sim] Energy Modelling - Lighting heat loads fractions

Nassim Jamali via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 25 08:05:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm assessing the risk of overheating in a meeting room that have indirect T5 lamps installed.
I'm encoding that on DesignBuilder which determines the heat gains provided by lighting by specifying the convective and radiative part from the power density.

The visible part is 18%, the radiant fraction is 42% and the convective part is 40% according to the software. I find that the figures put in DesignBuilder are a bit exagerated.
Therefore, I'm looking for a document that describes the fraction that goes into visible light, radiation and convection per type of lamps.

Can someone help me by sharing this information?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nassim Jamali
Building Performance Consultant

t +32 (0)2 468 11 58
f +32 (0)2 468 11 78
noordkustlaan 10, 1702 groot-bijgaarden, belgium