[Bldg-sim] ABUD Ltd. is looking for senior building modelling consultant, in Budapest-Hungary

Bognár Ádám bognar.adam at abud.hu
Mon Apr 4 00:48:15 PDT 2016

Job Description: Senior Building Modelling Consultant with a strong building physics knowledge

Advanced Building and Urban Design (ABUD)<http://www.abud.hu/> is an engineer consulting company specialized in innovative and sustainable design and consultancy. We offer services from the conceptual planning phase to the realisation of a project, for project sizes from a detached house to urban concepts. Apart from designing new buildings in an environmentally-friendly way, we see a great challenge in the green refurbishment of existing buildings. Our clients and collaborators include architectural design studios, world leading investors and developers, research institutions, governmental and municipal stakeholders. Beside the professional description, ABUD is a motivated, open and friendly SME, in the center of Budapest, a city with vivid expat life. Join our company, and discover Budapest!

We are currently looking for a Building Modeling Consultant with a strong building physics knowledge to join our team in Budapest at Senior Consultant grade.

The role will involve defining concepts, providing qualitative expert advice and quantification and validation  using advanced simulation techniques to model the environmental performance of buildings, neighborhoods and cities to inform:

  *   Building form, massing and orientation strategies
  *   Façade thermal and solar performance
  *   Natural ventilation design
  *   HVAC system performance
  *   Daylight provision, solar access analysis
  *   Internal and external comfort (thermal, wind, glare etc)
  *   Energy performance
  *   Operational and embodied energy use, walkability and daylighting potential of urban districts.

Core Skills and Requirements
As an experienced and capable Senior Consultant it is expected to be able to demonstrate:

  *   Academic qualification in an engineering based degree (MSc in building physics or building services engineer)
  *   5-10 years of professional experience
  *   Aptitude in applying different types of computer simulations to solve complex problems and ability to undertake quality assurance reviews of computer models
  *   Standing as an expert in IDA ICE or DesignBuilder including experience in a range but not necessarily all of the following software tools: IDA ICE, Design Builder, Rhino, Grasshopper, ECOTECT, UMI, CitySim, Envimet
  *   Strong knowledge in HVAC systems, state of the art building service technologies and building physics
  *   Innovative thinking, open mindset
  *   Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
  *   The ability to be a strong team player with a collaborative working style
  *   An analytical mindset

Additional desirable skills include:

  *   Understanding of/qualifications in BREEAM or LEED environmental rating systems
  *   Applied research in related topic with PhD qualification
  *   CFD simulation
  *   Acoustics simulation

Key responsibilities will include:

  *   Undertaking detailed engineering analysis in the fields of dynamic thermal modeling and / or computational fluid dynamics within the built environment
  *   Carrying out simulation work and supervising a team in building simulation, which includes presentation of results and formal reporting
  *   Contributing to planning and management of project work undertaken by the wider team
  *   Communicating and collaborating with internal and external clients

Additional Information
Type:
Full-time
Location:
              Budapest, Hungary (Europe)
Experience:
>From Mid-Senior level
Functions:
Consulting, Engineering

The job description can be found on our website as well:
http://www.abud.hu/latest/join-abud-as-building-modeling-consultant-with-a-strong-building-physics-knowledge

Please share, or contact us and apply with a CV and cover letter: info at abud.hu<mailto:info at abud.hu>

We are looking forward to meeting our new colleague!

Adrienn Gelesz
Partner, COO

MSc. Architect
Urban and facility energy engineer
LEED Accredited Professional BD+C
BREEAM International Assessor
BREEAM in Use Auditor

ABUD I Advanced Building and Urban Design
Lónyay u. 29.
H - 1093 Budapest

tel.:         +36 1 888 96 18
fax:         +36 1 216 86 87