[Bldg-sim] curtain wall cold weather studies

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:47:10 PDT 2015

Does anybody know of any reasonably recent cold weather thermal comfort
studies of curtain wall systems.

When I say cold I only mean -3.5C/ 25F! But anything colder should suffice.

I'm principally intersted in:

   - the effects of downdraught and radiant temperature
   - the performance of devices such as trench heating, baseboards and heat
   pipes
   - the 'roughness' of the glazing - e.g. do deep horizontal transoms
   reduce downdraught?

I'm seeking some empirical evidence to back up some rough 'cfd'.

Kind regards

Chris