[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 90.1 Window to Wall area definition

andyhoover andyhoover at thebestconsultant.com
Fri Oct 16 16:07:20 PDT 2015

It is an interior wall only if it is physically tied into the abutting wall.Much of the time there is an actual gap and even if it is 'enclosed' it will not be conditioned in the gap area  and therefor is an exterior wall albeit may not see 'the most extreme' weather.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Wouldn’t a wall abutting to another wall that is conditioned on the other side make it an interior wall instead of an exterior wall? It’s effectively an addition to the other building.

Keith Swartz, PE | Senior Energy Engineer
Seventhwave | Madison.Chicago.Minneapolis
608.210.7123 seventhwave.org