[Bldg-sim] Extreme Weather Data

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Fri May 29 09:52:32 PDT 2015

The increasing availability of historical time series from various
sources makes it quite easy to extract the extreme high temperature for
a time series. For example, NCDC's ISD (Integrated Surface Hourly
Database) has time series for around 1,000 locations in the US that go
back 30 years, and maybe 200 or so that go back even more.  There's also
NREL's National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB) 1961-1990, updated
1991-2010. I know Version 1 also has temperature data, don't know about
Version 2.

Since I have already processed the ISD for the whole world, if you tell
me the location, I can get you the 20 year extreme (at no charge) just
to show how easy that is.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.