[Bldg-sim] Modelling groundwater cooling via concrete slab

Duggin, Cory Cory.Duggin at tlc-eng.com
Wed Jun 10 10:36:02 PDT 2015

I would use the chilled ceiling room units and connect them chilled water loop supplying the constant temperature, but set the chiller fuel code to none and zero out any heat rejection energy such as cooling tower or condenser fans.  System 9g would be a good start since it can be used for ventilation and has the room units already assigned.  The only thing you won’t see is the thermal mass effects of the slab.  The chilled ceiling is really to model just a panel.  For an early study, I wouldn’t go through the trouble of trying to get the slab right as it requires much more effort.

Cory Duggin, PE, LEED AP BD+C
Associate/Energy Engineer
TLC Engineering for Architecture
direct: