[Bldg-sim] Radiance and Open studio

Christoph Reinhart tito_ at mit.edu
Tue Jun 9 06:25:29 PDT 2015

Dear Anna,

If you are comfortable using Rhino, check out DIVA (http://diva4rhino.com) as well. We have tutorials and exercises for download here http://web.mit.edu/sustainabledesignlab/projects/DaylightingHandbook/resources.htm   with more coming within the coming 2 weeks. Our next DIVA training near you will be in London at the Architecture Association on Oct 22-24 before and after DIVA DAY 2015 (http://diva4rhino.com/diva-day-2015).

Rob, to my knowledge DIVA was the first and remains the only tool supporting LEED v4 daylighting credit analysis including blinds use at the whole building level. I am of course happy to learn otherwise.

Best,

Christoph
Christoph Reinhart
Associate Professor
Department of Architecture
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 5-418, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
t: 617 253 7714, f: 617 253 6152, creinhart at mit.edu<mailto:creinhart at mit.edu>
Sustainable Design Lab<http://mit.edu/SustainableDesignLab/> | DIVA<http://www.diva4rhino.com/> | Daysim<http://daysim.ning.com/> | mapdwell<http://www.mapdwell.com/> | umi<http://www.urbanmodeling.net/>
Events  Modeling Urban Sustainability<http://architecture.mit.edu/event/modeling-urban-sustainability-energy-daylight-and-walkability> | DIVA Day 2015 <http://diva4rhino.com/diva-day-2015>