[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE climate zones by ZIP code?

Shinn, Kim kim.shinn at tlc-eng.com
Thu Jun 4 13:03:31 PDT 2015

Have you looked at what Bob Fassbender has done at http://energy-models.com/tools/climatezoner ?

Before: Find the location of your project and Google it to get the county. Then, get out ASHRAE 90.1-2007, tediously look up climate zone. Get paper cut.

Now: Get your LEED Climate Zone in one step! Use the Energy Models ClimateZoner™ and avoid paper cuts.

All you need is an address OR city, or both, plus the state, or just a zip code.

Kim E Shinn, PE, LEED Fellow, CxA, BEMP
Principal/Senior Sustainability Wizard
TLC Engineering for Architecture
cell: