[Bldg-sim] Energy efficieny: VRF + DOAS vs VRF + unconditioned Ventilation system

Andrew Corney andrew.corney at sefaira.com
Tue Jul 21 06:39:31 PDT 2015

Hi Santiago,

One benefit might be the ability to do the dehumidification remotely via
the DOAS system. This could alleviate the maintenance of drip trays /
condensate drains from your VRF fan coil units. You might also be able to
down-spec the VRF fan coils that you are using as well (possibly reducing
size).

Another benefit would be that it might be cheaper to do a higher
performance style of heat recovery centrally that could help reduce heating
energy in particular.

So there are 2 reasons!

cheers,

Andrew

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Group, Can someone enlighten me about the energy efficiency benefits
> of conditioning the ventilation air in a VRF + DOAS system, versus letting
> the VRF handle all the load (internal loads + Ventilation loads).
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Santiago.

Andrew Corney
PE M.CIBSE M.ASHRAE
Product Manager - Sefaira Systems

Mobile: +44 (0)7887 059 722
Office: +44 (0)2037 147 619
Skype: andrew.corney.sefaira

Sefaira - Sustainability. Performance. Design.

*For company contact and registration information, please
visit: http://www.sefaira.com/info/contact
<http://www.sefaira.com/info/contact>*

*Check out our latest webinar showcasing the product here
<https://vimeo.com/130461932>. Subscribe here
<http://www.sefaira.com/subscribe-from-email/> to our bi-weekly newsletter.*