[Equest-users] Internal Surface Conduction = 0

Eric Shamp eric at ecotypeconsulting.com
Mon Jun 27 12:34:29 PDT 2011

Hello, I am a new member of the group, and fairly new to eQuest. However,
I’ve been using EnergyPro for many years. So, this question may be naïve

I am modeling a residence for a Zero Net Energy retrofit project. The LS-C
report is showing zero internal surface conduction loads, despite the fact
that I’ve modeled ceiling/attic floor surfaces, and an interior surface
between a bedroom and the garage. Am I wrong to assume that interior surface
heat transfer would show up under internal surface conduction?

These surfaces are modeled as “standard” types. Geometry and location all
appear to be correct. Have users of this group run into some common
errors/oversights that can cause this discrepancy?

Thanks.

Eric

Eric R. Shamp, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP

Principal