[Equest-users] PV results

John T. Forester JohnTF at BVHis.com
Fri Nov 5 12:09:27 PDT 2010

Juan,

Here is some text from a SIM report summary with notes on how energy is accounted.  This might help you with determining the savings from PV.

Generators and PV:
The BEPS report only includes energy drawn or supplied across the building boundary.  Energy provided by generators or PV is not included in the BEPS report unless it “flows” through a utility meter (e.g., is supplied back to the utility grid).  BEPS does not report energy used within the building.  Rather, BEPS reports energy “imported” into or “exported” from the building.  PS-E reports energy use within the building, i.e., includes energy imported from the utility grid and provided by any on-site generators and PV.

John T. Forester, P.E., LEED AP, Mechanical Design Engineer I BVH Integrated Services I 617.658.9008 tel I 617.244.3753 fax I One Gateway Center Suite 506, Newton MA 02458 I www.bvhis.com<http://www.bvhis.com> I Hartford ● New Haven ● Boston
size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>
From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Nick Caton
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 2:51 PM
To: Juan Antonio Lopez; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] PV results

I have.

For PV studies I typically build the rest of the model first, save a separate copy, then define the PV equipment and compare the two sets of results for overall figures.

For a more detailed look at the modeled results, explore the variety of custom hourly report options under “photovoltaic module.”

~Nick

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7CFB.9725BF20]

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER