[Equest-users] FW: [Bldg-sim] Discomfort hrs

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 08:49:55 PDT 2010

What Bill says is true, you are to only have one system per HVAC zone. I
have never taken that to mean, however, that you might not have multiple
spaces/rooms on one zone nor have I received that feedback from the
developers. True, eQUEST insists on providing a zone name for each specified
space, but you can gather the spaces/zones in each HVAC zone and cause them
to be served by one PSZ or other system. Then you have to determine what
your control zone is. After you have done that you go into your zone
spreadsheet and put your heating temp schedules and cooling temp schedules
in your control zone, which is where your thermostat is, and say they are
undefined in the other zones. This should take care of the discomfort hours
provided you carefully selected your control zone. This should not cause the
other spaces to have inadequate heating or cooling since the control zone,
as I understand it, has the highest loads of all the spaces and if it's
satisfied the other spaces are satisfied.

That is my understanding, anyway, and I will accept any/all feedback.
Especially from a BEMP!!

Carol