[Equest-users] Process Loads in Industrial Building

Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com
Fri Oct 2 12:16:07 PDT 2009

Hello eQuest users!
    I'm modeling a industrial facility with a lot of tool process loads. I have put my process loads under the equipment tab in each space. In the LS-K section of the SIM file these loads are showing up as "general equipment" loads instead of "process electric" loads. When searching through the help file I found the following...

"Process Energy
    Process energy is limited to the energy (heat) produced by equipment whose locations are specified on the plans or other construction documents for the proposed building. Energy (heat) produced by plugged-in devices such as office equipment must not be modeled as process energy; this energy is included in the Receptacle Loads (See previous topic).
Detailed Interface
    Right mouse click on any Space component in the detailed tree, then select Properties and navigate to the Equipment tab. Process energy may be entered in the Equipment table of this tab if rows 2-5. Any inputs in row 1 of this table will be over-written by the rules processor in order to simulate the standard equipment loads for the space. Additional process loads may be entered in the Internal Energy Sources Table of the same tab."

I also noticed that there is an "internal energy source" section in the equipment tab. Does anybody know where I should be entering my equipment loads so that they'll show up as process electric loads? I also need to make sure that the load contributes to the electric utility load as well as the building heat load.

thanks!

Heather Hardie-Hill

EIT, LEEDTM AP

Advanced Design and Simulation