[Equest-users] Modeling Roof Monitors

Christopher Sachs cjs at kibart.com
Mon Jul 13 13:28:05 PDT 2009

Hello All,

This is my first attempt at eQuest and the building I have to model
includes roof monitors protruding above several spaces. Currently I have
shown them as separate floors above the main shell with an air wall for
a floor construction next to the space they are associated with. When I
run the simulation with ASHRAE 90.1 windows and walls, the unmet heating
hours in the roof monitor spaces are unexpectedly high. Even when I
force the supply air to said spaces to be over an air change per minute
I am still having trouble meeting the 300 unmet hour ASHRAE limit. Is
there something I am missing or perhaps a better way to go about
modeling these spaces? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher J. Sachs

Mechanical Design Engineer

Kibart, Inc.