[Equest-users] BEPS report

Bishop, Bill bbishop at PathfinderEngineers.com
Tue Aug 25 07:59:13 PDT 2009

David,
The LV-B report includes unconditioned spaces and plenums, while the
"gross area" in the BEPS report defaults to the "net area", which only
includes conditioned zones.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114
F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinderengineers.com
www.pathfinderengineers.com
P Please strive to live sustainably.
________________________________

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of David
J. Thibodeau
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:26 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] BEPS report

In the BEPS report, the "Total Site Energy" is reported with a "MBTU"
value and a "kbtu/sqft-yr gross area" value.  When the building area
(from the LV-B report) is multiplied by the "kbtu/sqft-yr gross area"
value, I would think it would equal the MBTU value on BEPS report, but
it does not.  It actually equals about half that number.

Please let me know if anyone knows the reason for this.

Thanks,

David