[Equest-users] No economizer wanted

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Fri Aug 7 12:28:57 PDT 2009

Hello, everyone,

    I have a PVAVS system for a building in Florida, which, obviously, will
not have an economizer.  Unfortunately, in the "Outside Air and Economizer"
tab under the "Outside Air" tab of the "Air-Side HVAC System Parameters"
section, there is no apparent way to tell eQuest that I do not have an
economizer.  How can I tell eQuest that I don't have an economizer?
    More generally, how can I tell eQuest that a certain feature or
component does not exist?  In lighting, I can at least force the photometric
data to be ignored in electrical power calculations by choosing the
"Luminaire Count" method.  However, for many things, there doesn't seem to
be a way to opt-out.

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida