[Equest-users] DHW Input Rating

Dan Russell danr at engineeringinc.com
Fri Nov 7 15:19:14 PST 2008

For standard office building 1 gal/person/day is about right for actual consumption.  For DHW design of office buildings ASHRAE provides the chart below, which shows a recovery rate of 0.1 to 0.35 gal/person/hour.  The difference depends on how much storage tank capacity you plan on having.  Note that these values would be for peak loading and thus 1 gal/person/hour would result in far too much consumption than normal.

[cid:image003.png at 01C940F4.939170B0]

Thanks,

 Dan Russell, EIT